Agriculture is the major sector of Nepalese economy. It provides employment opportunities to 66 percent of the total population and contributes about 36 percent of the GDP. Therefore, the development of agriculture sector is crucial for the development of national economy. Nepalese Agriculture is mainly subsistence type. People practice integrated agriculture. We can find livestock, crops and other enterprise going side by side. This is very sustainable concepts and works without deteriorating nature but need some commercialization and output maximization.
If you love Nepalese rural life then you must see how people are involved in farming. Once, you peek closely Nepalese rural agriculture you will understand how sustainably they are practicing farming. Besides, volunteering in Agriculture would be a great opportunity for you to learn local knowledge, culture and way of living. Volunteers interested in Sustainable agriculture, low external input sustainable agriculture or traditional type of agriculture can have real experience of such agriculture practice in our farms or villages where we are working.
We have packages for you to involve in Agro-farm of very indigenous tribes like tharu, cheppangs, Tamang, Newar etc. Volunteering with such races of people you will have thrilling experience that you really had before. Moreover, you would have the great opportunity to know them very closely.
- To make volunteers experience traditional Nepalese Agriculture
- To aware our targeted community about the dignity of labor and motivate them to start such income generating agricultural enterprises.
- To generate income from our farm for communities
- To bring some visible changes in the livelihood of very vulnerable farmers
- To expose volunteers with very indigenous agricultural practices that they rarely can find in another sphere of the world.
- Empowering socially discriminated, vulnerable , marginalized communities of Nepal
- Providing technical know-how to the farmers without affecting their traditional knowledge
- Livelihood improvement of targeted communities
Why Volunteering in Agro Farm?
As an organic farming volunteer, you will learn how to grow your own food without pesticides, be exposed to many new and alternative learning experiences, and give something back to the environment. During your stay, you will be living together with the farm family where we will work together, learn together, cook together and eat together. It is a great opportunity for you to learn Nepalese culture and lifestyle through immersion.
Volunteers for program must:
-Be 18 years or older
-Have no major health problems
-Be eligible to obtain a tourist visa to Nepal
-Flexible, Committed and adjustable